Yes — Alex in Orlando accepts how to, tips and travel articles, event and business reviews and things to do content for our website!
Contribute bylined Guest Post articles for AlexinOrlando.com
Bylined articles of 500-1,000 words or so of body text, written in a conversational tone and conveying valuable, useful content (practical advice, actionable tips, and useful know-how) in a funny, approachable voice are more likely to meet our standards—and therefore more likely to be accepted for publication.
We will inform you if your article has been accepted for publication; expect to hear from us within a week or so of us having received your email. If we choose not to accept your article, you may or may not hear from us, depending on how busy we are.
Articles accepted for publication may be edited for clarity and brevity and to conform to our style. We may change your title, so you might want to suggest a few alternatives.
If you are interested in joining the band of merry contributors of travel guides and tips on a one-time or a regular basis—here are some guidelines:
- Articles should be original to the author and unpublished elsewhere.
- Articles should offer readers advice, takeaways, and how-to tips about a specific Orlando, or Florida based topic or subject. Think, especially Disney, Water parks, Restaurants, Hotels, Businesses, and Top X lists are welcome if they are unique and useful and/or funny. Keep in mind that 500-word minimum.
- Include a brief bio, including links to your Twitter and Facebook page, if applicable.
- You can embed three links in your article but they have to be completely relevant and in the context of the article. We do check all external links and any articles with irrelevant, inappropriate or dodgy links will be rejected.
- Submit articles in Word or Google Docs (.docx) format.
- If you submit an article that mentions businesses or companies in which you have a vested interest, disclose as much to the audience.
- The author retains copyright and we will not republish your article without your consent. A summary or your article will however appear on our social media outlets with a link to the original article.
- All articles must contain at least 2 images relevant to the article. Any images need to be copyright free or have the required attribution.
- Guest posts and contributor articles carry a $25 fee — payable via PayPal — this helps cover editing and layout as well as researching the links and relevancy of the post.
If you can follow the above guidelines and you have a helpful article for our readers, please do not hesitate to contact us! Reach out to us at guestpostsubmission[at]gmail[dot]com
Note that our article queue may be long so please be patient — if you have a timely event or something that has a short window of time when it will be relevant, please make note of that in your subject line.